These past few months, many of us are working from home. Work stress, hunching over a laptop for hours together, poor postures, all of these can cause stress in our shoulders and in between our shoulder blades. Here are 5 simple steps to relieving this stress using a yoga belt.
Theyoga belthelps increase postural awareness and highlights the uppermost back and shoulder regions of the body, which are often hunched over computers and handheld devices. It also helps relieve the excessive tension that can accumulate in muscles of the upper back, neck, and shoulders.
Jen kagan, a certified Iyengar yoga teacher, shows us this simple but effective stretch using the yoga belt to relieve shoulder stress.
Jen has trained at the New York Institute of Iyengar yoga with Mary Dunn.
1. Place the yoga belt across your back at the bottom of your shoulder blades.
2. Pull the ends of the yoga belt so that it feel snug across your shoulder blades
3. Take the ends of the yoga belt up the front of your armpits, over the tops of your shoulders near the neck
4. Recross the straps across your upper back
5. Pull down and out slightly on the ends of the yoga belt and observe the changes in your upper back neck and shoulder regions.
This action requires a 9ft yoga belt. Check out our yoga belts here.